Wednesday, December 28, 2016

My 2016 wasn't so bad (and I hope yours wasn't really either)

2016 wasn't my favorite year or anything, but I would still easily take it over 2015! I get it though! I had my share of personal issues, we elected a potential dictator (no, I won't wait and see) for President, and a bunch of cool talented celebrities died.

BUT

the only person who has the power to decide how I react to negative things is me.  So I have made a list of 16 great things that I did in 2016.  It didn't take long.  I could've listed more easily, and I bet if you think about it a little you probably did some pretty cool things in 2016.

So here is my list!

16 amazing things I did in 2016
1. Above all I was very lucky this year in that I Spent lots of time with friends from all over the USA and world.  Some friends I saw a lot and some I had not seen for over 20 years.
2. Ate amazing Tacos in West Hollywood wth my friend Thomas and took a picture under the Beverly Hills sign which was my most liked Instagram post ever.
3. Saw Kacey Musgraves make lots of noise
4. Turned an unexpected week off of work into a vacation to Seattle where I caught up with many of my long time friends.
5. Well I took a 3 day weekend to London and saw Glenn Close in Sunset Boulevard. No big deal.
6. Took one of many trips to Portland Maine, and I finally got into Duckfat and had poutine, beer, a milkshake, and donuts along with my main courses.
7. Went to the Ben and Jerry's factory on a side stop before heading to Montreal where we were hosted by the best Airbnb ever.  Many snacks and drinks were provided as well as wine and cheese on the rooftop deck.
8. Explored the beaches and the town of Provincetown.
9. Saw Beyoncé and the Dixie Chicks sing Daddy's Lessons in the same week.
10. Work took me to a Chicago and I was able to use some of the time for fun, new and old friends, and exploring new territory.
11. Ate where they filmed the Los Pollos Hermanos scenes in Breaking Bad in Albuquerque an explored beautiful Santa Fe.
12. Went to a great wedding and Atlanta and then took a road trip where I knocked out states #48 and #49 (Kentucky and Michigan).
13. Saw Miranda Lambert start crying in the middle of the "House that Built Me"because a veteran made a really sweet sign for her.
14. Saw Barbra Streisand sing Evergreen live.  My mom would have liked that.
15. Took a very relaxing, mostly unplanned trip to PalmSprings after a rough work season and the day after a horrible election.
16. Flew to DC after a wonderful Christmas season and was moved by the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial before the fall In January and as a bonus tomorrow I'll get to see my good friend who I have not seen in person since 1991!

No comments:

Post a Comment