Saturday, October 7, 2017

Art Isn’t Easy; 25 Sondheim Songs

In honor of my completing the half way point of Stephen Sondheim’s Major works. Here are my top 25 songs written or co-written by Mr. Sondheim. The more I see the more this will change.

25. Our Time from Merrily We Roll Along
24.  Sooner or Later from the film Dick Tracy
23. Putting it Together from Sunday in the Park with George
22. Rose’s Turn from Gypsy
21. Not A Day Goes by from Merrily We Roll Along
20.  Everything’s Coming Up Roses from Gypsy
19.  The Gun Song from Assassins
18.  America from West Side Story
17.   Giants in the Sky from Into the Woods
16.  Getting Married today From Company
15.  A boy like that/ I have a love from West Side Story
14.  Unworthy of your Love from Assassins
13.  Being Alive from Company
12.  Sunday from Sunday in the Park with George
11.  Some People from Gypsy
And now the top 10!
10. The ladies who lunch from Company
9. I know things now from Into the woods
8.  Losing my Mind from Follies










7. Not While I’m Around from Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

6.  Children and Art from Sunday in the Park with George


5.  Somewhere from West Side Story








4.  A little priest from Sweeney Todd the Demon Barber of Fleet Street 


3. No One is Alone from Into the Woods 


2. Send in the Clowns from A little night music




Not!



And my favorite song written by Stephen Sondheim is 
1. Moments in the Woods from Into The Woods



No comments:

Post a Comment