Monday, January 9, 2017

Make one big change in 2017!

How are your New Years resolutions going after one week into 2017? Most people have probably forgotten they made them.  I don't make resolutions, but I did decide to try something different this year. I think  Making one big change is a lot easier to manage than a list of resolutions.     I've decided during the work week days to stay away from take out and restaurant food.   For personal reasons, I got into the habit of eating out and doing take out a lot in 2016, and I definitely put on some weight because of it.  So I am now taking a look to see what a difference it makes if I stay away from those usually unhealthy choices. .   I started  it last week, and I already had several pounds fall away.

The problem is that if  I don't have a healthy option  to replace it, I'll likely just go back to my bad food habit.   (Especially because I have no intention of giving up beer during the week).  So I decided to look into some food delivery services.  I tried Blue Apron last summer, and I definitely felt the difference because their food selections is much more healthy than a pub!

However, after awhile I realized that I wasn't going to be motivated to cook a time consuming meal  after a long day at work. So I have started looking into services that deliver fully  prepared meals.   I currently ordered 7 meals from the first one I am Trying this week.  It's vegan, and I chose it because it was the least expensive of the ones that deliver to my area.  I have no intention of becoming vegan and hope to find a service with meat meals soon. Even if these services are kind of expensive up front, they are still a lot cheaper than a week of eating out.

Regardless, if I stick with it, I am guessing that changing this habit is going to make a significant improvement to my health.  Everything else I'm keeping pretty much the same.   I'm just making this one big change for 2017!


I will keep you updated as I progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment