Sunday, March 25, 2018

At long last!! My favorites in 2017 film!

The Oscars were about a month ago, and I am pretty much caught up on anything that I want to see (or in some cases didn’t want to see) from 2017.

I will give my favorite choice of any category that I Have listed with more than one person or movie at a later date.

Here are some areas where I just outright chose my favorite!

Best Animated Film: Coco
Best Use of Sound in A Film: Dunkirk
Best Hair styling in a Film: I, Tonya
Best Make up in a Film: Wonder
Best Documentary Film:  Strong  Island
Best Production Design: The Shape Of Water
Best Visual Effects in a Film: Okja
Best Editing in a Film: Dunkirk
Best Foreign Language Film: A Fantastic Woman    Chile

The rest of the categories will have 5 choices except for Best Picture which will have ten.

My 5 favorite performances by a Supporting Male Actor were:
Armie Hammer Call Me By Your Name
Richard Jenkins The Shape Of Water
Jason Mitchell Mudbound
Ray Romano The Big Sick
Michael Stuhlbarg Call Me By Your Name -BEST OF 2017


Best Cinematography
Call Me by Your Name
Dunkirk- BEST OF 2017
The Florida Project
Mudbound
The Shape Of Water

Best Costume Design
Beauty and the Beast
I, Tonya
Phantom Thread- BEST OF 2017
The Post
The Shape Of Water

My 5 favorite performances by a Female Actor I’m a Supporting Role Were:
Mary J Blige Mudbound
Holly Hunter The Big Sick
Allison Janney I, Tonya
Laurie Metcalf  Lady Bird- BEST OF 2017
Octavia Spencer The Shape Of Water

Best Original Music Score in a Film:


Dunkirk
Mudbound- BEST OF 2017
Phantom Thread
The Post
The Shape Of Water

Best Original Song in a Film
Evermore Beauty and the Beast
Mighty River Mudbound
Mystery of Love Call Me By Your Name-BEST OF 2017
This is Me The Greatest Showman
Tightrope The Greatest Showman

Best Adapted Screenplay
All the Money in the World
Call Me By Your Name- BEST OF 2017
The Disaster Artist
Mudbound
Wonder Woman

Best Original Screenplay
The Big Sick- BEST OF 2017
I, Tonya
Lady Bird
The Post
The Shape Of Water

Best Direction of a Film:
Guillermo del Toro The Shape Of Water
Greta Gerwig Lady Bird -BEST OF 2017
Luca Guadagnino Call Me By Your Name
Dee Rees Mudbound
Steven Spielberg The Post

My favorite Lead Performances by a Female Actor were:
Margot Robbie I, Tonya
Saoirse Ronan Lady Bird- BEST OF 2017
Meryl Streep The Post
Daniela Vega A Fantastic Woman
Michelle Williams All the Money in the World

My favorite Lead Performances by a Male Actor were:
Timothée  Chalamet Call My By Your Name - BEST OF 2017
James Franco The Disaster Artist

Jake Gyllenhaal Stronger
Daniel Kaluuya Get Out
Nahuel Pérez Biscayart BPM

And the Ten Best Films Of 2017 were:
10. The Florida Project
9.  Dunkirk
8.  Wonder Woman
7.  A Fantastic Woman
6. the Shape Of Water
5. The Post
4.  Mudbound
3. the Big Sick
2. Call Me By Your Name

And the Best Film  of 2017 is

Lady Bird

In Summary
Coco- Best Animated Film
Strong Island- Best Documentary
Okja- Best Visual effects
Wonder- Best Make Up
I, Tonya- Best Hairstyling
Shape of Water- Best Set Direction
Phantom Thread- Best Costumes
A Fantastic Woman- Best Foreign Film
Mudbound- Best Original Score
The Big Sick- best Original Screenplay
Dunkirk- Best Use Of Sound, Editing, and Cinemotography
Call Me By Your Name- Best Original Song, Best Supporting Male Actor, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Lead Male Actor
Lady Bird- Best Supporting Female Actor, Best Director, Best Lead Female Actress and Best Film

Onto great films in 2018!




















No comments:

Post a Comment