Saturday, March 3, 2018

My predictions for the winners of the 90th Academy Awards

I am definitely kind of blah about his years Oscars. To be honest, most of the "predicted" winners are not my thing. The acting winners are most likely set and with one exception I wouldn't have even voted to nominate any of them. I actually thought about skipping them this year because I thought I was not going to be getting up super early for work on Monday morning. But that was never really going to happen since I have watched every year since 1983. I have had a good run the past few years with lots of my favorites winning, so this will just not be my year. So I will watch to see if my predictions are correct, see if Kobe Bryant becomes an Oscar winner (it's very possible) and see if Warren and Faye mess everything up again (not going to happen).

Here are my predicted winners for this year's Oscars.

Best Picture: Three Billboards Outside Ebbings, Missouri. Tiri

This is the big question mark of the night. I think it is Billboards vs Share of Water. Some are predicting Get Out, but I just do not see it. I am not a fan of Ebbings, Missouri. I think it is a mess that is sometimes mildly entertaining. I hope my prediction is not correct. It will be the worst Best Picture win since Crash.

I will stand up and cheer if the winner is: Lady Bird or Call Me By Your Name

Best Director:  Guillermo del Toro  Shape of Water
I will stand up and cheer if the winner is: Greta Gerwig Lady Bird

Best Actress: Frances McDormand TBOEM
I will stand up and cheer if the winner is: Saoirse Ronan Lady Bird

Best Actor: Gary Oldman The Darkest Hour
I will stand up and cheer if the winner is: Timothee Chalamet Call Me By Your Name

Best Supporting Actress: Allison Janney I, Tonya
I will stand up and cheer is the winner is: Laurie Metcalf Lady Bird

Best Supporting Actor: Sam Rockwell TBOEM
I will stand up and cheer if the winner is: Eh. The best supporting actor isn't even nominated, but it would be cool if  Richard Jenkins won.

Best Original Screenplay: Three Billboards Outside Ebbings Missouri
I will stand up and cheer if the winner is : Big Sick or Lady Bird

Best Adapted Screenplay: Call Me By Your Name
I will stand up and cheer if the winner is: I'm good with this one!


Animated Feature: Coco
Animated Short: Dear Basketball
Cinematography: Blade Runner 2049
Documentary Feature: Icarus
Documentary Short: Heroin(e)
Live Action Short: Dekalb Elementary
Foreign Language Film: A Fantastic Woman Chile
Editing: Dunkirk
Sound Editing: Dunkirk
Sound Mixing: Dunkirk
Production Design: Shape of Water
Original Score: Shape of Water
Original Song: This is Me The Greatest Showman
Makeup and Hair: The Darkest Hour
Costume Design: Phantom Thread
Visual Effects: Blade Runner 2049


No comments:

Post a Comment