Friday, September 28, 2018

A Star is Reborn: My Top 25 Songs performed by Lady Gaga

Something that you may know about me is that I LOVE Lady Gaga. I have now seen her 5 times in concert and have been anticipating the opening of her first starring role in "A Star is Born" since the day they showed the first trailer and announced the opening date. In anticipation of seeing that movie next week, the dropping of her new song "Shallow", and the release of the soundtrack next Friday, here are 25 favorite Lady Gaga songs that are pre "A Star is Born"

25. Til It Happens to You- This song was Lady Gaga's first but probably not last Oscar nomination. She lost to an inferior James Bond song by Sam Smith.


24. The Cure- a surprisingly upbeat song considering it is for Lady Gaga's close friend who was dying and has sense died of cancer. 


23. Million Reasons- The finale to her big Super Bowl performance


22. Venus- This song is not loved by everyone, but I like the campy space age vibe to it.


21. Donatella- Another camp favorite from the underrated, in my opinion, Artpop album. 

20. A-yo: Perhaps the most danceable song on Gaga's Joanne album


19.  Judas-the video with Darryl from The Walking Dead in it


18. The Edge of Glory- This wasn't one of my favorites when it came out, but it definitely has grown on me


17. Boys Boys Boys: One of her few non hits off her first album that doesn't fill like album filler. It is a lot of fun. 



16. Dance in the Dark: Another early non hit. It reminds me of Madonna's Vogue, but it is basically about dead people. 





15. Telephone: A collaboration of two of the greatest modern pop artists. 



14.  Joanne: Another song that grew on me. i especially like the more piano driven acoustic version. 


13. Scheibe- She will always have some songs that compare to Madonna even if their careers have taken different paths. This one reminds me of Rescue Me by Madonna



12. Bloody Mary- Born This Way is my favorite album of hers. It has so many great songs. This is one of them. 



11.  Dope- This was one of the standouts on Artpop which is unfortunately considered a flop. 



And now my top 10 Lady Gaga songs!


10.  Diamond Heart- Some of the best songs on Joanne were not the singles. Including this one. 




9. Love Game: Thanks for giving us disco stick as a new vocabulary word. 



8. Grigio Girls- The best song off of the Joanne album



7. You and I- My love for this song always depends on the version. I prefer the piano version over the Shania Twained up radio version. 




6. Hair- Another great empowerment anthem off of Born This Way




5. Born This Way: The best song off of the best overall album. One of the most earnestly pro queer songs to ever become a huge hit. 




4. Just Dance; The song that started it all is also one of her true classics. 




3. Gypsy: The best song off Artpop. If it had been the first single it might have been a bigger hit. This is my ultimate travel song. 



2. Paparazzi- That video. Those sunglasses and Alexander Skarsgard





1. Bad Romance- An obvious choice but a worthy one. Lady Gaga was obviously influenced by Queen and this is her Bohemian Rhapsody




No comments:

Post a Comment