Saturday, August 29, 2015

Travel: Europe 2015: Reflections

To think there was a time a few months ago that I considered not taking this trip.  That would have been a mistake! When you get the chance to travel, no matter where it is, take it!

As I always seem to be going somewhere and have already been to many places, this blog will continue, but here are some reflections on my big European adventure of 2015:

Most Misunderstood City: Amsterdam
The Keep Portland Weird Award Goes to: Berlin
Most Beautiful City: Vienna
The City Most friendly to visitors: Budapest
Most Surprising City: Sofia
Favorite Country: Greece
Favorite City: Budapest
Favorite All Around Location: Naxos, Greece
Best Views Santorini, Greece
Best Market : Naschmarkt in Vienna
Most Unique Experience: the public baths in Budapest
Most Unique Hotel: Hotel Cocoon in Munich
Favorite Hotel:  Hotel Grand Budapest
Hotel that Felt most like home: Galazia Studios, Naxos
Least Favorite Hotel: Hyatt by the airport in Amsterdam
Friendliest people- Naxos
Favorite Building- The Russian church officially known as  the Church Of St. Nicholas the Miracle Maker  in Sofia, Bulgaria
Best Meal- Grilled Squid stuffed with Feta in Athens
Worst Meal- I found a well regarded Hungarian Restaurant in Budapest, and while it was fine, it definitely isn't my favorite cuisine. 
Best Drink: I mostly drank beer but I had this great cocktail in Convivum in Santorini. It was a hybrid of a gin and tonic and a mojito. 
Worst Drink: Pear Palinka a Hungarian Brandy
Best Day: There were so many, but maybe when I just laid back in the Aegean Sea in Naxos and relaxed.  
Worst Day: The day I missed my train to Berlin was a tough one. 

It was a great trip! It was the third time I took a month long trip like this one, and this time i knew almost nothing about the places I was traveling to. This definitely made it more of an adventure! Who knows when or where my next traveling adventure will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment